[PyQt] Re: 2 litlle questions

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Thu Oct 23 21:52:11 BST 2008

On Thu Oct 23 16:12:47 BST 2008, kib2 wrote:
> Mark Summerfield a écrit :

> >> Another : I saw that Mark Summerfield recently played with the Poppler
> >> bindings for Qt4. Is there any port of it for PyQt ? I know there's one
> >> link on the Wiki, but there's not even a single word on the version and
> >> how to compile it under a Windows machine.
> >
> > You could always create your own PyQt bindings using sip:-)
>
> I was hoping you've done it before :) I never used SIP, nor C++. It seems
> rather difficult task for a newbie no ?!

There is already a set of Python bindings available:

  http://svn.pardus.org.tr/uludag/trunk/pypoppler-qt4

You may need to change some of the configuration file to match your system
and update a few things to match the latest version of Poppler, but it
should all work quite well.

If anyone from the Pardus project is reading, I have a set of patches that
update those bindings with functionality from Poppler 0.6.0, which is
actually quite old, but the most recent version shipped with a "stable"
Ubuntu distribution.

David