[PyQt] dialogs and extentions

Wim Verhavert wim.verhavert at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 10:22:57 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I am confused concerning extension dialogs. The doc's say you can use
the 'setExtention()' and 'showExtention()' methods, but this makes
your dialog extent to the right in stead of  the bottom. The bundled
PyQT examples on the other end set the 'extention' property directly
and play with the 'setVisible()' method. While this allows my dialog
to extend towards the bottom, it will not resize my dialog on closing
the extension (my dialog is not shrink properly) unless I put my
dialog's layout sizeConstraint to fixed size. But I don't want this
either. I want my dialog to extend to the bottom and still allow for
resizing.

Can anybody clarify how this functionality works?

Many thanks in advance,

--
Wim