[PyQt] how to import pykde ?

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Thu Sep 4 19:45:41 BST 2008

Hi,

Feth AREZKI wrote:
> I got a (beginner?) problem initializing some objects, for instance of the
> class KAboutData:
>   *works:
>      from kdecore import KAboutData
>      (how to be sure of the kdecore version used? I suspect it's from kde 3,
>      help(KAboutData) is not explicit)
>   *does not work, although is favoured by documentation [0]:
>      from PyKDE4.kdecore import KAboutData'.
>      (help(KAboutData) refers to kde4 classes)
>
> However, it seems I cannot use both kinds of imports in the same program (both
> wrap the QObject class...).
>
> So, should I use only the first kind of import ? Will it work ?

For example:

http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/4.1/kdebindings/python/pykde4/tests/i18n_test.py?revision=829867&view=markup

The first one is KDE 3 as you correctly guessed. The second is KDE 4.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/