[PyQt] QGLWidget.renderText problem

V. Armando Sole sole at esrf.fr
Fri Sep 12 11:50:46 BST 2008

At 12:17 12/09/2008 +0200, Giovanni Bajo wrote:
>On 9/12/2008 12:12 PM, V. Armando Sole wrote:
>>Hello,
>>QGLWidget.renderText gives me an OpenGL error for Qt versions >= 4.3.0
>>that prevents any further OpenGL output.
>
>Those are Qt bugs, not PyQt nor PyOpenGL bugs. Some of them have already
>been fixed and are in the process of being released. Check Trolltech's
>task tracker about it.

I had done it.

But none of them mentions anything about generating an "invalid enumerant
error" and most of the bugs are marked as scheduled for 4.4.0 and fixed.
The problem is not that renderText gives bad output, the problem is that it
can block any further OpenGL output. It that would be the case for Qt
applications I guess it would have been solved long ago.

What you are saying implies that any PyQt4 application using
QGLWidget.renderText is still stacked at Qt 4.2.3. I was expecting a
workaround would be existing because it's hard to assume that unless almost
nobody is using PyQt4 together with OpenGL.

Greetings,

Armando