[PyQt] PyQt and Acrobat

Roberto Alsina ralsina at kde.org
Fri Apr 3 13:41:32 BST 2009

NARCISO, Rui writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to be able to visualise a pdf document in a widget so as then to add a couple of buttons for different actions and to have the widget integrate into my Gui environment.
>
> How to go about doing this ?
> Does anyone already have something done ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rui
>
> The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other then the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.

I may have had something to say, but I am not allowed to. Please destroy all
copies of this response, and send me notarized proof of destruction.

Or, remove silly threatening signatures from mails sent to public mailing
lists.

Your choice.

PS: While there is no PDF widget, and creating one is not trivial (but
please, look at poppler-qt and do it, then send me a link ;-), you can
convert the PDF to images using something like pdftoppm or convert, then
display the images.