[PyQt] Filter mouse move event

Luca Fasano lucafasano at interfree.it
Sat Apr 4 19:07:35 BST 2009

Hi list,
I need to filter mouse moving event on a QGraphicsView. I created a
filter and install it to a QGraphicsView instance, but desired event
seems not to be captured.
Filter definition is:

class Filter(QtCore.QObject):
	def eventFilter(self, obj, event):
    	print event.type()
    	return False

then I have installed an instance of this filter to graphicsview as
following:

	self.graphicsview = QtGui.QGraphicsView(self.scene, self)
    	self.graphicsview.setMouseTracking(True)
    	self.filter = Filter(self.graphicsview)
    	self.graphicsview.installEventFilter(self.filter)
    	self.setCentralWidget(self.graphicsview)

...but event seems not to be captured! Where I'm wrong??
Thanks