[PyQt] SplashScreen and mousePressEvent

Brian Kelley kelley at eyesopen.com
Wed Apr 8 13:20:51 BST 2009

First, get rid of the mousePressEvent since the Splashscreen closes by default when the user clicks on it.  Also, make sure you start the event loop otherwise qt can't detect mouse events.  (Note the following code won't stop the application, you may need to kill it afterwards)

from PyQt4 import QtGui
import sys
app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
pixmap = QtGui.QPixmap("splash.png")