[PyQt] How do you close a QDialog?

Demetrius Cassidy dcassidy36 at mass.rr.com
Fri Apr 10 02:26:23 BST 2009

I don't follow 100%, but I guess you have say a GameMainWindow (non Qt), and
you want to open a new QtDialog from within your MainWindow?

The problem might be if you run your own even loop, then you run PyQt's
event loop, messages for your window are no longer being received, causing
the freeze. Since I don't know what your MainWindow is I can only haphazard
a guess.

Can you post a short sample reproducing the freeze?