[PyQt] will pyqt follow qt license model?

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Apr 10 10:01:38 BST 2009

On Thursday 09 April 2009 13:41:28 jelle feringa wrote:
> I've searched this mailing list and although the QT lgpl news was discussed
> at length, but I couldnt distill from this list whether pyqt will follow
> qt's licensing model. Has this been decided yet?

I think one of the main reasons Qt was released under LGPL was that Nokia
isn't as dependent on the paid licenses as trolltech was. Which leads to: As
soon as riverbankcomputing gets bought by a big company or becomes a big
company itself, they will have an easier decision about LGPL.

But when you are making money with your (presumable) closed-source pyqt app,
why should the makers of pyqt go for free???

Have fun,

Arnold