[PyQt] Global Interpreter Lock

Jason Voegele jason at jvoegele.com
Fri Apr 10 19:26:37 BST 2009

I am a relative newcomer to Python and I don't know much about the Global
Interpreter Lock (GIL) in general.  However, I am developing a PyQt
application that makes fairly heavy use of QThread to perform multiple tasks
concurrently.  I've heard some vague statements that PyQt manages the GIL
automatically, but can someone give a more precise statement about how the GIL
works for PyQt applications, especially when QThread is involved?  Are there
any gotchas that I need to look out for?

Thanks.

--
Jason Voegele
Over the years, I've developed my sense of deja vu so acutely that now