[PyQt] Annoying TypeError with graphics animations

B. B. thebbzoo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 22:28:19 BST 2009

Hello all,

I get some strange TypeErrors when I use the QGraphicsItemAnimation.

An example can be boiled down to the example below taken from the Qt
documentation :
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qgraphicsitemanimation.html

What I get is this error, when the application is running.

"TypeError: native Qt signal is not callable"

I have installed the snapshot : PyQt-x11-gpl-4.5-snapshot-20090403.tar.gz
under python2.6 ( verified the error under python2.5 too )

I can hardly see that I do something wrong.. or is it my installation that
has failed??

best Regards

BBZ

# --------------------------- 8< --------------------------

import sys

from PyQt4.QtGui import QApplication , QGraphicsEllipseItem ,
QGraphicsItemAnimation
from PyQt4.QtGui import QGraphicsScene , QGraphicsView
from PyQt4.QtCore import SIGNAL , QPointF , QTimeLine

app = QApplication( sys.argv )

# create a graphicsview with a moving ball...
ball = QGraphicsEllipseItem(0, 0, 20, 20)

timer = QTimeLine(5000)
timer.setFrameRange(0, 100)

animation = QGraphicsItemAnimation()
animation.setItem(ball)
animation.setTimeLine(timer)

for i in xrange( 200 ) :
    animation.setPosAt(i / 200.0, QPointF(i, i))

scene = QGraphicsScene()
scene.setSceneRect(0, 0, 250, 250)
scene.addItem(ball)

view = QGraphicsView(scene)