[PyQt] osx porting

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Mon Apr 13 21:06:37 BST 2009

On Monday 13 April 2009 19:23:31 Peter Shinners wrote:
> 1. The application name is always "Python". I am calling
> QApplication.setApplicationName, but to no avail. Is there another call I
> can use to set my application name?

You have to create a Mac OS X .app for that to happen (I wrote about creating
them on my blog if you'd like to read it: http://is.gd/sdvw).

> 2. I am creating a few non-resizeable dialogs derived from QDialog, but
> they do not have the "red" close button to dismiss them. The escape key can
> still be used to close the dialogs.

Can't say I've run into this one before... is your windowModality set to
ApplicationModal and your modal property set to True?

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: www.saturnlaboratories.co.za
b: blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za