[PyQt] printing html with QTextBrowser on Mac failure

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sun Aug 2 10:45:57 BST 2009

Am Samstag, 1. August 2009 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
> Hi,
>
> attached is a test script, that demonstrates a printing problem on the
> Mac: the HTML document contains a long paragraph, that gets displayed
> fine, but fails to get printed properly, since it prints ranges of
> charaters above each other! I cannot reproduce this on linux.
>
> I would like to get some confirmation from other PyQt users on the Mac
> before I report this problem to Trolltech.

Okay, only Colin responded so far, and while he's not experiencing the
problem, he's using a cocoa based build of Qt.

This is not an option for me, since I have to target 10.4 also. In order to
confirm the problem is not from Qt's precompiled version, I've compiled
4.5.2 myself and six hours later, I can reproduce the problem.

As it stands, it's dependant from a carbon based build, and the PyQt side
side of the problem is trivial enough, that this is definitely a Qt
problem. It would be nice, if somebody from the kind audience running a
carbon based build could reproduce the problem and call back.

Meanwhile I'm going to prepare a C++ version of the problem.

Thanks in advance,
Pete