[PyQt] Phonon.AudioOutput is NOT a subclass of Phonon.MediaNode

Marcos Dione mdione at grulic.org.ar
Sun Aug 9 17:54:24 BST 2009

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 08:05:11PM +0100, Simon Edwards wrote:
> Jan Holthuis wrote:
> >I'm fairly sure this is a bug and it needs to be fixed, but is there any
> >way to get around this problem at the moment?
>
> I'm starting work on updating PyKDE for KDE 4.2. I'll keep your
> problem in mind and have a look at it.
>
> You could use Qt's phonon in the meantime.

    today I tried to do exactly the same and I got the same error:

[...]
media= Phonon.MediaObject ()
ao= Phonon.AudioOutput (Phonon.MusicCategory, app)
Phonon.createPath (media, ao)
[...]

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "aulos.py", line 49, in <module>
    Phonon.createPath (media, ao)
TypeError: argument 2 of createPath() has an invalid type

    I see in the svn that the problem seems to be fixed[1], but it still
persists. ant hints?

--
[1] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebindings/python/pykde4/sip/phonon/mediaobject.sip?revision=897475&view=markup
    clearly says: class MediaObject : QObject, Phonon::MediaNode