[PyQt] missing MySQL/PostGres drivers

Scott Ballard scott at scottballard.net
Wed Aug 19 00:47:57 BST 2009

Ok, so under Windows XP 32-bit I've installed Python 2.6.2 and
PyQt-Py2.6-gpl-4.5.4-1.exe and the QMYSQL driver is not listed in the
available drivers. I've verified that I'm running 2.6 and not 2.5.

The drivers that are available are:
QSQLITE
QODBC3
QODBC
QPSQL7
QPSQL

The qmysql4.dll is in the
Python26\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\plugins\sqldrivers.

Any thoughts Phil? Is there anything special I need to do to load the
driver?