[PyQt] Character encoding problems at Phonon

Gilliard Macedo gilliardmacedo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 15:22:20 BST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm having some problems with character encoding on my application, it
simply doesn't play songs with accent, and returns this(note this is not a
python exception):
(<unknown>:9975): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_make_from_uri:
assertion `gst_uri_is_valid (uri)' failed

In this method I tried to encode the path before the setCurrentSource, but
had no effect:

def setPath(self, path):
        self.media.setCurrentSource(Phonon.MediaSource(path))

Anyone know what I have to do?

[]s,

--
Gilliard Macedo Vieira de Carvalho

Graduando em Ciência da Computação pela UFCG
Laboratório de Sistemas Embarcados e Computação Pervasiva -
www.embedded.ufcg.edu.br