[PyQt] help about help

Ana Gomez agomezalcalde at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 10:29:59 BST 2009

Hello everyone!
 We are trying to use QAssistant to show the help without success.
 We have implemented a class that looks like ...
*
from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui, QtAssistant
class MainWindow(QtGui.QMainWindow, Ui_qto_main_window):
     def __init__(self):
         self.qto_assistant = QtAssistant.QAssistantClient('')
         qto_args = QtCore.QStringList(QtCore.QString
(QtCore.QLatin1String("-profile /tmp/test.adp")))
         self.qto_assistant.setArguments(qto_args)
         self.__connect_slots()

     def __connect_slots(self):
         self.connect(self.qto_action_help, QtCore.SIGNAL("triggered ()"),
self.__help_slot)

     def  __help_slot(self):
         self.qto_assistant.showPage('/tmp/doc/index.html') *

 When we invoke the help, nothing happens. And we have also tried, with the
same result:
*
 def  __help_slot(self):
         #Forget about self.qto_assistant attribute
         qto_process = QtCore.QProcess(self)
         qto_args = QtCore.QStringList("-collectionFile /tmp/test.qch
-enableRemoteControl")
         qto_process.start('assistant', qto_args)
         if not qto_process.waitForStarted():
             return *

 What is happing? How can we solve it?
 Thanks in advance.