[PyQt] How to install pyQt on a Mac ?

Stephen Boulet stephen at theboulets.net
Mon Aug 31 14:52:14 BST 2009

On Aug 31, 2009, at 7:46 AM, Phil Thompson wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:44:01 +0200, projetmbc <projetmbc at club-internet.fr
> >
> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I've bought a Mac and this is my first one. So I do not how to
>> install
>> pyQt on a Mac. Is there an easy way to do that ?
>
> The same as any other Unix style platform.
>
> Phil

Well, except that the work is done for you already with the
precompiled binaries on most linux distributions; a simple "apt-get
install" on ubuntu or debian and you're off and running.

There is also the Mac Ports project (macports.org), which has pyqt4
version 4.4.3 listed. I'm not clear whether this is for X windows or
aqua though.

Stephen