[PyQt] Freezes and crashes with signal autoconnection

Christian Roche christian.roche.fr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 01:09:36 GMT 2009

Phil Thompson-5 wrote:

> Either way people need a small, self-contained example that demonstrates
> the problem.

Hi Phil,

I think I've been able to isolate a small piece of code that consistently
reproduces the problem.  http://old.nabble.com/file/p26619445/main.py This
piece of code  displays a gray rectangle on my system and systematically
crashes when I click on it.  My config is as follows:

qt-4.5.3-9.fc11.i586.rpm
PyQt4-4.5.4-1.fc11.i586.rpm
sip-4.8.2-1.fc11.i586.rpm

I'd be very interested in understanding what's wrong here because i've been
strugling for weeks with incomprehensible crashes that seem to come out of
nowhere and I've not the single clue what's going on.

Thanks for your support,
Chris