[PyQt] Freezes and crashes with signal autoconnection

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Thu Dec 3 10:39:15 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 17:09:36 -0800 (PST), Christian Roche
<christian.roche.fr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Phil Thompson-5 wrote:
>>
>> Either way people need a small, self-contained example that demonstrates
>> the problem.
>>

> Hi Phil,
>
> I think I've been able to isolate a small piece of code that consistently
> reproduces the problem.  http://old.nabble.com/file/p26619445/main.py
This
> piece of code  displays a gray rectangle on my system and systematically
> crashes when I click on it.  My config is as follows:
>
> qt-4.5.3-9.fc11.i586.rpm
> PyQt4-4.5.4-1.fc11.i586.rpm
> sip-4.8.2-1.fc11.i586.rpm
>
> I'd be very interested in understanding what's wrong here because i've
been
> strugling for weeks with incomprehensible crashes that seem to come out
of
> nowhere and I've not the single clue what's going on.

You might want to look at the last paragraph of...

http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/PyQt4/pyqt4ref.html#qvariant

...as it seems to apply to your ImageLink type.

I'd suggest changing the design so that you are passing something simpler
than a QObject between threads.