[PyQt] Python bindings for Poppler-Qt4, pypoppler-qt4

Rajeev J Sebastian rajeev.sebastian at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 15:24:52 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Wilbert Berendsen <wbsoft at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Op donderdag 03 december 2009 schreef Rajeev:
>
>> It doesnt have much to do with distributions, because these projects
>> are doing it for their own needs and not for their distributions.
>
> I meant that python-poppler-qt4 could become a package in the Linux
> distribution sense, and that other programs could simply depend om that
> package, instead of including (some fork of) it in their own source tarball.

Thats exactly what I meant too. This being in the Pardus repo has no
bearing on whether it can be packaged (as in .deb, .rpm or .pisi
packages). [see below]

> But for the binding to be useful for others, the API coverage would need to be
> completed.  I for myself need the links() method of the Page object and the
> various Link* classes, but I would be willing to make the binding complete and
> cover and test the full API of libpoppler-qt4.

Cool that would be awesome! :)

> My main reason for creating a (googlecode) repo, is that it would make it
> easier for me to work on both my machines and commit to the repo often. And to
> have a well-known place to provide source tarballs I can point users of my
> application to.

OK. I'll create a bitbucket repo. That should allow you to commit
often and also point your users to place where they can get tarballs.

Regards
Rajeev J Sebastian