[PyQt] Missing scrollbar signal in QPlainTextEdit?

Henning Schröder henning.schroeder at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 05:35:56 GMT 2009

Hi!

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Sundance <sundance at ierne.eu.org> wrote:

> Hi peeps,
>
> I'm playing around with QPlainTextEdit and having the weirdest bug.

I experienced the same problem. It would be nice if it would work same in
QPlainTextEdit like with QTextEdit..
Perhaps we should write a test in C++ to see if it is a Python problem or a
Qt problem/bug.

Currently I use a workaround with
  QPlainTextEdit::updateRequest ( const QRect & rect, int dy )   [signal]
If dy != 0 then the area is scrolled. But this signal is called very often
(every time the cursor blinks). So it is not an ideal solution for Python.

Regards
Henning