[PyQt] Getting a SystemError: error return without exception set when I try to do QGraphicsScene.addItem(QGraphicsItem)

dizou di_zou at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 11 18:15:19 GMT 2009

I have a widget that creates two objects, DisplayScene and DisplayView.
DisplayScene inherits from the QGraphicsScene class, and DisplayView
inherits from the QGraphicsView class. I also have MyItem that inherits from
the QGraphicsItem class. When I run this program and the DisplayScene.Read
method is called I create a MyItem object and I try to add it to the
DisplayScene. When I do this I get this error:
SystemError: error return without exception set

Here is my code:

class MainWidget(QWidget):
    def __init__(self):
        QWidget.__init__(self)

        self.display = DisplayScene(self)
        self.view = DisplayView(self.display)
        self.view.show()
        self.display.Read()

class MyItem(QTreeWidgetItem, QGraphicsItem):
    def __init__(self, parent=None):
        QTreeWidgetItem.__init__(self, parent)
        QGraphicsItem.__init__(self)

class DisplayScene(QGraphicsScene):