[PyQt] problems with PyQt book custom view examples [Win7]

Mark Summerfield list at qtrac.plus.com
Thu Dec 17 13:53:36 GMT 2009

On 2009-12-17, Simon Hibbs wrote:
> Romi Agar:
> >I seem to be experiencing some problems with custom view examples in PyQt
> >book.
> >
> >I'm running Win 7 x64, Python 2.6.4rc2, PyQt 4.6.2.
>
> Are you using the latest errata and several fixed and updated versions of
> the complete source code for the examples? These are available from the
>  main book site:
>
> http://www.qtrac.eu/pyqtbook.html
>
> I don't think any of these have been tested on Windows 7, at least there's
> no indication of it, let alone the x64 version.

Phil also replied to this saying, "make sure PyQt is built with SIP 4.9.3".

But you are quite right: none of the examples has been tested with
Windows 7 or on 64-bit machines (at least not by me, since I don't have
Windows 7 or a 64-bit machine---hopefully that'll change next summer).

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy