[PyQt] pyqt4 install problem

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Sun Dec 20 10:46:48 GMT 2009

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 16:08:13 +0530, harish anand <nsharish.mit at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>        I am currently making an application in python3.1. I have Mandriva
> 2010.0 installed in my laptop.
> I wanted to learn pyqt4. But while trying to install pyqt4 i get errors.
> The error starts like this,
>
> sipQtCorecmodule.o: In function `func_pyqtRestoreInputHook':

/home/harish/Downloads/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.6.2/QtCore/sip/QtCore/qcoreapplication.sip:353:
> undefined reference to `PyOS_InputHook'
> sipQtCorecmodule.o: In function `func_pyqtRestoreInputHook':

/home/harish/Downloads/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.6.2/QtCore/sipQtCorecmodule.cpp:6227:
> undefined reference to `_Py_NoneStruct'
> sipQtCorecmodule.o: In function `func_pyqtRemoveInputHook':

/home/harish/Downloads/PyQt-x11-gpl-4.6.2/QtCore/sip/QtCore/qcoreapplication.sip:347:
> undefined reference to `PyOS_InputHook'
> sipQtCorecmodule.o: In function `func_pyqtRemoveInputHook':

> I have already installed sip4.9.3 without any problem. I have checked the
> required packages.
> I have all of them along with devel packages.

As all the undefined references refer to the Python C API it would suggest
that you don't have all the required devel packages installed.