[PyQt] PyKDE segfaults when calling group() on KSharedConfig object

Benno Dielmann lists at benno-dielmann.de
Tue Feb 3 22:17:33 GMT 2009

Hi everybody,

config = KSharedConfig.openConfig()
group = config.group('General')

The second line results in a segfault. Interestingly, it doesn't if the config
object is returned by KGlobal.config(). Documentation tells us KGlobal.config()
returns a KSharedConfig object as does KSharedConfig.openConfig(). Strange.

See the attached minimal.py example.

I'm here on Kubuntu 8.10 with KDE 4.2 packages from ppa:

Python 2.5.2
Qt 4.4.3
PyQt 4.4.4
sip 4.7.9
PyKDE 4.2.0

This bug occurs since the update from KDE 4.1.4 to 4.2.

Actually, where do bug reports on PyKDE go? bugs.kde.org? Should I file one for
this?

Best wishes,

Benno.