[PyQt] Re: how to show interactive Picture

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Tue Feb 10 23:25:45 GMT 2009

On Tue Feb 10 23:04:55 GMT 2009, Markus Feldmann wrote:

> David Boddie schrieb:
> > Here, because you are using a QLabel to show the image, it should
> > automatically appear correctly in the QScrollArea.
> >
> > (Aside: If you create your own custom widget (by subclassing QWidget),
> > you have to reimplement the sizeHint() method as well as the paintEvent()
> > method to make it appear correctly in a QScrollArea. By using a standard
> > widget designed to show an image, you neatly avoid this problem.)
>
> Maybe this is intersting for me, because i want to zoom in and out into
> the image. But i posted this Problem in a new Thread. :-)

Yes, I'll reply there.

> > This should work. I'll post comments on your earlier message about the
> > Basic Drawing example in a separate message. You might also find it
> > useful to look at the Image Viewer example (widgets/imageviewer).
>
> You mean the Link:
> file:///usr/share/doc/python-qt4-doc/html/widgets-imageviewer.html

I'm using Ubuntu 7.10 and I don't see a python-qt4-doc/html directory
containing that file, but that would appear to be the example I'm
referring to.

> The Package under Debian is named <qt4-doc-html> and is round about
> 80Mbyte big.

Possibly. I didn't realise that there's a package with Python versions
of the HTML example pages. The source code is part of the python-qt4-doc
package:

  http://packages.debian.org/lenny/python-qt4-doc

The C++ version of the example is documented online here:

  http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/widgets-imageviewer.html

David