[PyQt] LGPL license.

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Feb 11 04:15:17 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 10 February 2009 19:44:12 pm Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> And I empahisze with Jim and having to deal with whinners. They get
> into every open source project and drain the lead developers of their
> drive -- it's pretty unfortunate. I hope Jim does what is best for
> him, as much as I would like an LGPL PyQt at some point soon.

Just to be clear - I don't have anything to do with PyQt. That's all
Phil, and has been from the start. I did maintain PyKDE (also initiated
by Phil) for 6 or 7 years. Simon Edwards has taken it over in the last
6 months or so, and seems to be doing a terrific job, especially since
he took it over when it was half done.

Having had fantastic support from Phil from before I even started PyKDE,
I appreciate how much effort he puts into PyQt, and how much he has
enhanced it over the years (and broken PyKDE with every
enhancement :) ).

I'm going to be starting a PyQt4 project soon, and I really appreciate
having it available.

Jim