[PyQt] PyKDE segfaults when calling group() on KSharedConfig object

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Thu Feb 19 20:54:59 GMT 2009

Hi,

Benno Dielmann wrote:
> thanks, Simon, for looking into this and in general for your great work on
> PyKDE :-).
>
> I'm using KGlobal.config() in my application now. What is the difference between
> this and KSharedConfig.openConfig()? What is the preferred way of getting access
> to the configuration system? From the api docs this isn't clear to me...

KSharedConfig.openConfig() crashes here too. Actually it complains about
a "pure virtual method" being called. I don't know where or which
exactly. KSharedConfig looks like a way of sharing config objects around
in a C++ program and having it cleaned up in a timely way. It doesn't
look relevant to Python as we already have better automatic memory
management.

I always use KGlobal.config() and I'm fairly sure that is the right way
to go. If that stops working, then get back to me.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/