[PyQt] Phonon Quicktime Backend and py2App

mateyuzo at mac.com mateyuzo at mac.com
Fri Feb 20 18:01:25 GMT 2009

Hello all,

I've looked through numerous posts and can not find an answer yet, so
I am hoping someone has successfully built a PyQt 4.4.3 app through
py2App that loads the Phonon/Quicktime backend. When running from the
shell the app works just fine, but run as a self container mac package
the following exception is thrown t the Console:

Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend(void) phonon backend plugin
could not be loaded

We've followed these instructions to the letter but have yet seen
anything work:

drat, should have taken that right turn at