[PyQt] Re: Any Large PyQt Projects?

Edward K. Ream edreamleo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 23:27:41 GMT 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Joshua Kugler <joshua at joshuakugler.com>wrote:

> Miguel Lobo wrote:
>> > I'm also interested in this, but from a different angle.  For large
>> > projects, how much of a problem is the lack of static checks of the
>> > kind that would be performed by a C/C++ compiler?

This is a great question.  All Python programmers know the answer: the lack
of static checks is much less important than you would imagine.

For Python, you can run pylint from time to time to perform lint-like
"static" checks.  They are often useful.  But most of the time, when I make
a programming mistake, Python politely tells me about it.

Proper unit tests that cover code also reduce the importance of static
checks.

But the point is this: you will be shocked at how little static checks
matter.

Edward
Edward K. Ream email: edreamleo at gmail.com