[PyQt] creating a QgraphicsView in MainWindow

Mads Kofod Hansen kofoden at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 10:16:41 GMT 2009

Hi all

My question is if it is possible to create a QGraphicsView in a MainWindow?

I have a QMainWindow with a menu bar and I want to create a QGraphicsView below the menu bar.

I have made a simple example:

import sys
from PyQt4 import QtGui, QtCore

class MainWindow(QtGui.QMainWindow):
    def __init__(self):
        QtGui.QMainWindow.__init__(self)

        self.resize(250, 150)
        self.setWindowTitle('menubar')

        exit = QtGui.QAction(QtGui.QIcon('icons/Exit.png'), 'Exit', self)
        exit.setShortcut('Ctrl+Q')
        exit.setStatusTip('Exit application')
        self.connect(exit, QtCore.SIGNAL('triggered()'), QtCore.SLOT('close()'))

        self.statusBar()

        menubar = self.menuBar()
        file = menubar.addMenu('&File')
        file.addAction(exit)

        grview = QtGui.QGraphicsView()
        scene = QtGui.QGraphicsScene()
        scene.addPixmap(QtGui.QPixmap('icons/Exit.png'))
        grview.setScene(scene)

app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
main = MainWindow()
main.show()
sys.exit(app.exec_())

But this only displays the MainWindow with a menubar. How do I create the GraphicsView in the MainWindow?

thanks for any help

Mads