[PyQt] Making application look more sexy

Filip Gruszczyński gruszczy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 10:50:04 GMT 2009

> Qt applications look as other applications on user desktop - they use
> user choosen themes and colors. On GNOME with qgtkstyle they can use
> GTK+ style and look like any other GNOME app. You should avoid forcing
> application look, as user may want to use different set of colors or
> theme :)

I understand that well. I am just afraid that my application looks
dull and boring. It's supposed to be a tool for rpg enthusiasts, and
while I will never be able to compete with professional tools from
Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro actually), which can hire artists and
pimp their apps, I would like to try make mine a bit more appealing.

> However for the screenshots you can use some nice WM themes to
> impress, and make the "wow" factor in new users... for example
> http://blog.kde.org.pl/archiwum/125/Fluffy_enjoy_the_pink_bunny... :D
> or http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/sketchy+for+deKorator?content=34150

Cute ;-) And the sketchy one really is really impressing.

--
Filip Gruszczyński