[PyQt] PyQt4.Qtcore defines 'hex'

Sundance sundance at ierne.eu.org
Wed Jan 7 13:27:06 GMT 2009

Adeodato Simó wrote:

>If you see in the middle of a program hex_(foo), you may wonder where
>that came from, whereas qhex(foo) is going to be rather obvious.

Greetings all,

Might I humbly second this motion? I do understand the usual
reservations about star-imports (being the kind of guy that often gets
to debug other people's work...), but I also do appreciate the relative
ease of getting away with it in PyQt's case, thanks to the prevalence of
the Q prefix in its class names and its relative absence of module-level
functions.

With this in mind, using the same prefix for the three problematic
functions makes good sense to me. Are there reservations about this
approach that I may not be aware of?

Ta,

-- S.