[PyQt] Icons and Qt resources

Frédéric frederic.mantegazza at gbiloba.org
Fri Jan 16 08:43:46 GMT 2009

Hi,

My dialogs used some icons for buttons (move left, move right...), and
some of these buttons icons need to be changed dynamically according to
the current sequence.

I started to have a look at the Qt resources, but I have to admit that it
is not clear to me how to use all that stuff. As it seems powerfull and
should feed my needs, could someone explain me what is the best way to
use resources for icons?

How do you organize your icons in your resources (path...)?
What icon size do you use? Is is better to use svg, rather than, say,
32x32 png icons, as they will be resized for menu (16x16)?
Where do you put your icons and resources files in your sources? And
where do you put them once the app. is deployed (linux, windows)?
How do I use resources from my code? Do I *have* to turn them as python
module, using pyrcc4? And once they are python modules, how do I access
them?

Thanks for you help,

--
   Frédéric