[PyQt] Embedding matplotlib into PyQt

eliben eliben at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 13:21:45 GMT 2009

Hello,

As part of my PyQt learning process, I've recoded my "embedding matplotlib
into wxPython demo"
(http://eli.thegreenplace.net/2008/08/01/matplotlib-with-wxpython-guis/) in
PyQt. Here's the resulting code:

http://paste.pocoo.org/show/100359/

The demo features:

* Using the navigation toolbar
* Adding data to the plot
* Dynamically modifying the plot's properties
* Processing mpl events
* Saving the plot to a file from a menu

It was a rather pleasant experience - PyQt binds to matplotlib very well.
One thing I missed from the wxPython version is built-in labels for the
slider widget that specify its maximal, minimal and current values. Also,
the response to dragging the slider was not as immediate as with wxPython.
Are the slots being sent too often, or perhaps they're slower than
wxPython's events?

I'll be glad to hear any comments and suggestions on the code.

Eli