[PyQt] SIP build-error on mac: "Error: SIP requires Python to be built as a framework"

Ben Jakb ben.jakb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 14:31:27 GMT 2009

hi
I try to build sip on my mac os x, but I always get the same error
that might caused by the fact that I dont work with the preinstalled
python. I've built python 2.6.1 from sources.

  $ which python
  /usr/local/bin/python

Here is the errorlog I get when running

 $ python configure.py

Error: SIP requires Python to be built as a framework
This is SIP 4.7.9 for Python 2.6.1 on darwin.
The SIP code generator will be installed in /usr/local/bin.
The SIP module will be installed in /usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages.
The SIP header file will be installed in /usr/local/include/python2.6.
The default directory to install .sip files in is /usr/local/share/sip.
The platform/compiler configuration is macx-g++.
Creating sipconfig.py...
Creating top level Makefile...
Creating sip code generator Makefile...
Creating sip module Makefile...

I also couldn't figure out which command line options for configure.py
could solve these problems.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
ben