[PyQt] Resizing a DockWidget?

Marc Nations mnations.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 14:40:51 GMT 2009

I'm trying to resize it while it is docked. The reason I'm trying to resize
it is because I want to adjust the default width of the form based on how
many other windows are currently open in the main application and how big
the monitor is. As a result, I won't know it's geometry until after the
application starts. The dock widget is hidden until the user decides to open
it. At the point it needs to know it's size.
So when you say it's going to take the shape of the space it's docked in, I
had assumed that using the resize() function would propagate upwards and
instruct the containing frame to redraw. Is that not the case?

As far as going the other direction and resizing the containing frame, which
would then force a resize on the dock widget, I'm not sure how to reference
the containing frame since the parent object is the main window.

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Darryl Wallace <darryl.wallace at prosensus.ca