[PyQt] Resizing widgets in a window.

Geert Vancompernolle geert.discussions at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 07:05:02 GMT 2009

Sandro Dutra wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I create a mainWindow and put some widgets in there, textEdit for
> example, but if I maximize the mainWindow, the textEdit don't strech
> with the mainWindow. I try to set the size policy of the textEdit to
> Expanding | Expanding and tested some other things related to size of
> the child widget without sucess.
>
> I'm using QtDesigner to build the interface and Eric4 to program,
> anyone could help me?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Sandro Dutra
> Brazil.
Hi,

Did you apply a layout to your main window in Qt Designer?  If not,
right-click on an empty place in the main window, select "Lay out"
(bottom item in the context menu) and apply the horizontal layout (or
vertical one, if that suites your app better).

This will "hook" all your existing widgets to the main window and will
make sure they're resized (until min/max values defined are reached)
when you resize the main window.

HTH,

--
Best rgds,