[PyQt] QMatrix transformations in QGraphicsView

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 14:46:09 BST 2009

Well, with the upcoming animation classes, (which I am still looking for help with)

You'd best make a small proxy class/API to handle the things that would transform its matrix. Ideally, you would expose these as properties for use with QPropertyAnimation. The proxy class holds all the component vlaues (x,y,z) rotations/scales, etc.then simply calls item->setTransform(QTransform().rotate(xRot, Qt::XAxis).rotate()....) after each property update.

What I then do is PropertyProxy proxy(item);
proxy->setXRotation(45); etc., and don't worry about modifying the item.