[PyQt] Small paid development task

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Thu Jul 16 23:48:12 BST 2009

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:27:45 -0700 (PDT), Jason H wrote:

> Well no one jumped at my offer. I am curious, what would it take?

My employer probably wouldn't approve if I took you up on your offer,
so unless you are considering buying them and forcing them to let me
do it, I'll have to politely decline. ;-)

I remember a time when I would have happily experimented with creating
a set of bindings for these ahead of the official PyQt set, but I don't
have the time these days.

I would suggest writing a simple set of .sip files for each of the first
group of classes and put them alongside the others in the same modules
in the PyQt sources, then extend each of the relevant module .sip files
to refer to them. After that, build PyQt against a working Qt build.
If you run into problems, post the errors to the mailing list - unless
someone takes you up on your offer in the meantime. :-)

David