[PyQt] Re: [Matplotlib-users] Strange issue when using Matplotlib with PyQt4

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 19:31:55 BST 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Lukas Hetzenecker<LuHe at gmx.at> wrote:
> Sorry for annoying you, but I attatched a new example to this message: I've
> rewritten the PyQt4-example from the website to draw the Figure in a tab
> widget. The same happens ;)

In your original post, you said:

"the widget in the Tab is incorrectly sized.
If I embed the FigureCanvas in a QTabWidget the widget is to big, but if I put
it in a QWidget it is shown correctly."

Could you be more specific? What does "incorrectly sized" mean? What
do you mean by the widget is "too big", as opposed to "shown
correctly"? Is this really a PyQt issue, or is it specific to
matplotlib? If the latter we should continue the discussion on the mpl
mailing list instead of cross-posting.

Darren