Fwd: [PyQt] QAction menu questions

Darryl Wallace darryl.wallace at prosensus.ca
Wed Jun 3 13:28:15 BST 2009

Hello,

> Is there an example someone could point me to that demonstrates how to
> specify the About Menu and item name, changing them from "Python" and
> "About Python to "MyApp" and "About MyApp?"
I run your script and the window title says "Menu Test" and under the
help I have "About My App" and "About Qt" and I've attached the
screenshot for proof :)

What operating system are you running in?

Also, it should say "About MyApp" as the code says:

self.aboutAct = QtGui.QAction(self.tr("&About MyApp"), self)
self.aboutAct.setStatusTip(self.tr("Show the application's About box"))

I'm not sure what your problem could be.

Darryl