[PyQt] connect method launched command

nenduvel eenpint at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 3 20:20:37 BST 2009

hi,

I'm having trouble with the signal/slot messages. I'm trying to catch a
signal and then execute a method that i wrote. But instead of waiting for
the signal it executes the method when i call the connect method.

I make a wizard with a page. the page has a toolbar with an icon.

qWizard = QWizard()
qPage = QWizardPage()
openToolBar = QToolBar()
self.openAct = QtGui.QAction(QtGui.QIcon(QString('open.png')), 'Open File',
openToolBar) openToolBar.connect(self.openAct, QtCore.SIGNAL('triggered()'),
self.showOpenFileDialog(qPage))

does anybody know what i'm doing wrong? Or do you know another way to catch
the triggered() signal and execute the code of the
showOpenFileDialog-method?

thanks in advance,

nenduvel