[PyQt] QPSQL and py2app

Scott Frankel frankel at circlesfx.com
Tue Jun 9 08:05:48 BST 2009

Hello,

What's the best way to declare sqldrivers in a py2app setup.py file?

I'm in the throes of building my app for OSX, using py2ap for the
first time.  One of the issues I'm still facing is how to include
PostgreSQL support and the QPSQL driver in the build process.  I'm
building using tools and libraries from MacPorts, (python25) which
doesn't appear to have installed sqldrivers.

Does libqsqlpsql.dylib (which I have in my development downloads) need
to be copied to the app bundle manually?  If so, to where?

My setup.py file is attached.

I've found numerous hits on how to build PyQt apps using py2app, but
none illustrate including db support files.

Thanks in advance!
Scott