[PyQt] Problem with QWizard from QtDesigner to PyQt4

Guillaume Chanaud guillaume.chanaud at connecting-nature.com
Fri Jun 12 16:11:01 BST 2009

Hello everybody,

i'm just a python and PyQt beginner but i have a problem with a simple
QWizard. So i tried to do the most simple code and it doesn't work too.
Here are the steps

In QtDesigner create a new QWizard widget. Simply do nothing and save it!
# pyuic4 myqwizard.ui > myqwizard.py

Generation is ok since last PyQT version (4.5), it throwed an error
before (i'm on gentoo, i suspect i had QT 4.5 installed and PyQT 4.4)

And then in python
from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui
from myqwizard import Ui_Wizard
import sys

class StartQT4(QtGui.QMainWindow):
    def __init__(self, parent=None):
        QtGui.QWidget.__init__(self, parent)
        self.ui = Ui_Wizard()
        self.ui.setupUi(self)

if __name__ == "__main__":
    app = QtGui.QApplication(sys.argv)
    myapp = StartQT4()
    myapp.show()
    sys.exit(app.exec_())

It's copy/paste code from a tut.

When i run the script i get a window, but it's a blank window. It should
have a  Next, Cancel button on first page, and a Previous, Next, Close
button on second page as the default QWizard designed in QT Designer,
isn't it ?

With my own Wizard designed before, i got all my widget on the first
WizardPage, and everything is on top left in a total mess, no
previous/back/close button at all, it's pretty unusable. I do not know
if i made an error somewhere (but this code is not very complicated, and
i tried (like said before) with a total new Qt Designer Wizard Widget),
if it's a bug, if it's an incompatibility between versions.

Here are the version on my machine :
Qt 4.5.1
PyQt 4.5
Python 2.6.2

pyuic4 --version reports :
4.5 for Qt version 4.5.1

I didn't tried in C++ as i'm absolutly dumb with this langage, so maybe
it's not PyQt but simply the Qt QWizard class which is mess in last version.

Thanks for your help,
Guillaume