[PyQt] PyQt4 book - updated examples

Mark Summerfield list at qtrac.plus.com
Tue Jun 23 10:53:19 BST 2009

Hi,

Just to let you know that I've now produced new versions of the PyQt
book's examples that work with Python 3---they require PyQt >= 4.5.1.
http://www.qtrac.eu/pyqtbook.html
(See near the bottom of the page.)

They are straight conversions (although done by hand), so they don't
take any particular advantage of Python 3's new features, nor or the
more Pythonic APIs making their way into PyQt---that'll all have to wait
on some future edition, which in turn depends on enough people buying the
current edition to convince the publisher that a new edition is worth
their while!

I've only done the most simple tests on them because I'm so busy with
other things at the moment, so let me know if you hit any problems.

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy