[PyQt] python vs qt4 datatypes

Mario Daniel Carugno carugnom at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 02:20:31 BST 2009

Hi there
I'm starting with a pyqt development, a database application (what original).
I can't decide which datatypes and sql library to use. I mean, is it
better to use
python datatypes (str, int, bool) or qt4 datatypes (qstring, ...) ?
If i use python datatypes, using pyqt4-sql to access data seems to bring a lot
of datatype convertions, thus in that case i could choose mysqldb, which uses
python datatypes.
Is that approach better than use all from PyQT ?
I feel that python datatypes has more and better methods and functions, and
that processing data in native types is always better.

What approach could i take to solve this ? I'm locked with this.

Thanks