[PyQt] Error: This version of PyQt and the Desktop edition of Qt have incompatible licenses.

Francis Brissette Francis.Brissette at autodesk.com
Mon Jun 29 18:30:19 BST 2009

Hi,

I have installed and compiled the free version of Qt 4.5.2 (http://get.qtsoftware.com/qt/source/qt-win-opensource-src-4.5.2.zip).
I have also installed and compiled SIP 4.8.1 (http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Downloads/sip4/sip-4.8.1.zip).
Now, I'm trying to install PyQt 4.5.1 and I have the following error when I run "python configure.py":

This is the GPL version of PyQt 4.5.1 (licensed under the GNU General Public License) for Python 2.6.2 on win32.
Error: This version of PyQt and the Desktop edition of Qt have incompatible licenses.

Can someone tell me why I'm having this error and what I did wrong ?

Thanks for your support,
Francis Brissette