[PyQt] Embed widget in a container

Gustavo A. Díaz gustavo.diaz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:07:12 GMT 2009

You could use QStackedWidget for that, if how i use in my application. I
have a QMainWindow and a QStackedWidget which i load the modules GUIs of my
application.

Here you could digg the code of my opensource application:

svn co svn://svn.tuxfamily.org/svnroot/opencoffee/opencoffee opencoffee

Cheers

2009/2/27 Mario Daniel Carugno <carugnom at gmail.com>

> Hi, i'm new in this list and new to pyqt too.
> I'm trying to develop my first gui application, and have some questions.
> I hope to make the correct questions. Please tell me if i'm going wrong.
>
> Well, i want to develop a tipical bussiness app, and think to divide all in
> modules.
> A module for Customers, a module for Products, another for Invoicing and so
> on.
> Now, i want that each module have it's own gui. I design each module's gui
> independently and could be run alone.
> But i also want to design a main frame, with a menu to load each module
> into
> its central area.
> Clear at this point ?
> So, i need to load dinamically a module's gui into the central area of the
> main
> workspace.
> I want that kind of modularity in my app, but i don't know what to read or
> what
> topics must i search to get that knowledge.
>
> Please could give some background on this, or tell me what to read or
> search ?
>
> Thank you so much
> Mario

Gustavo A. Díaz